Our Mission: Building A Better Community For All
United Way of Missoula County builds a better community for all, specifically in the areas of education, income, and health. We collaborate with diverse community partners to identify important social issues and bring together resources to address them. We give donors a trusted, one-stop way to support critical services for people in need, and we make sure that donations are invested wisely and well.
Welcome to United Way of Missoula County's 2017 grantmaking application. This is a "stepped down" application to United Way for six-month funding, July 1-December 31, 2017. We have simplified the application from previous years.
- -Proposal Narrative (instructions included)
- -Complete our standard logic model (Outcomes Management Form) to spell out activities, assumptions, and the outcomes you envision.
- -Standard budget information and any major changes in your program(s) since 2016-17 application.
GUIDELINES FOR CURRENTLY FUNDED PROGRAMS
APPLYING TO UWMC
FOR A SIX-MONTH GRANT, JULY 1- DECEMBER 31, 2017
Applicants must select one category in which to apply, Education, Income/Financial Stability, or Health.
EDUCATION: Please describe how your work aligns with Graduation Matters Missoula’s goal of ensuring student success. Priority will be given to funding applications that demonstrate how your program:
- Provides high-quality early-learning experiences that prepare children to enter kindergarten ready to learn
- Provides after-school learning, enrichment, and mentorship opportunities for elementary, middle, and high-school students, enhancing academic achievement and social development and promoting positive mental and physical health
INCOME/FINANCIAL STABILITY: Please describe how your work aligns with the goals of Reaching Home: Missoula’s 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness. Priority will be given to funding applications that demonstrate how your program:
- Intervenes to prevent the loss of housing and divert people from entering the homelessness service system
- Provides immediate access to shelter and crisis services, without barriers to entry, while working – including in partnership with other organizations – to secure permanent stable housing and appropriate support
- Quickly and effectively connects people to appropriate housing assistance and services to help them achieve and maintain stable housing
HEALTH (Two areas of focus: preventing childhood obesity and preventing suicide)
Preventing childhood obesity. Please describe how your work aligns with the goal of Let’s Move! Missoula to prevent childhood obesity, by improving the health of Missoula children and families through promoting and providing better nutrition and physical activity.
- United Way is especially interested in supporting programs that serve families with limited financial means, and meet Let's Move! Missoula affiliate criteria for agencies serving youth. https://www.missoulacounty.us/home/showdocument?id=15610
Preventing suicide. Please describe how your work aligns with the mission of Project Tomorrow Montana to prevent suicide. Priority will be given to funding applications that demonstrate clearly how your program:
- Provides the kind of support that reduces isolation and enhances connections and healing for people of all ages at risk of suicide, those who have attempted suicide, and those who have survived the suicide of a family member, friend, or colleague
- Provides “gatekeeper training” and/or otherwise works to increase awareness of the signs of suicide and effective intervention strategies; provides appropriate referrals
- Addresses prevention across the lifespan by building/promoting/teaching resiliency skills.
You will be asked to answer much of the information within this Submittable platform, but you'll also be able to write your proposal narrative on the word processing program of your choice and then upload it through a link on this application. The forms below for budget management should also be downloaded and filled out, then uploaded back into this document.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
(If you have difficulty downloading outcomes form and/or budget form; please go to our United Way of Missoula County Website: http://www.missoulaunitedway.org/2016-grant-cycle)